Matt Tillery Coward
Born 3 November 1915
Buried in Knoxville National Cemetery, X, 42-A
Husband of Agnes Coward of Monroe, LA, was killed during a rain and electrical storm when the plane that he was an instructor on crashed and burned. Matt was based at Monroe, LA, but the plane crash was in Winston County. He was born in 1916 and was a graduate of Knoxville Hight School in 1934. He graduated third in his class from the Army Air Navigation School where he became an instructor. He was buried March 31, 1944, at National Cemetery, Knoxville (Plot OFCR X-42A).
-Submitted by David E. Shaw
Matt T. Coward was born in 1916 in Knoxville. Tennessee. His parents were Charles C. Coward and Nancy E. Cox Coward from Knoxville, Tn.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 3 November 1915
- Date of death: 26 March 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Matt T. Coward
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.