Private First Class Berry enlisted in the US Army on April 26, 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia.
He was killed in Normandy, France on June 26, 1944, twenty days after the D-Day invasion. He is missing in action. He is memorialized on the Tablets of the Missing at Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 26 June 1944
- County: Monroe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Matt C. Berry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.