Private First Class Marvin Douglas Lambdin was born on September 16, 1949 in Harlan, Kentucky, and was originally from Fort Wayne, Indiana. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in D Company, 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry, 196th Infantry Brigade, Americal Division. His tour in Vietnam began on November 9, 1969. On June 8, 1970, PFC Lambdin was killed under hostile conditions in Quang Tin province, South Vietnam; he was 20 years old at the time of his death. PFC Lambdin is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 9W, Line 28.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 September 1949
- Date of death: 8 June 1970
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 21st Infantry, 196th Infantry Brigade
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lambdin Cemetery, Buffulo, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marvin D. Lambdin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.