Marshall Thomas French was born in 1893 in Piedmont, Tennessee. He is listed under Knox County in State records. He entered the Army July 21, 1918, at Knoxville. He was ordered to Camp Shelby, MS, for training where he became a member of Company C, 113th Engineers. Sailed for France in October and shortly after arrival was stricken with influenza, from which he died November 7, 1918.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 December 1893
- Date of death: 7 November 1918
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: New Market
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 113th Engineers, 38th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marshall T. French
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.