Died of wounds February 26, 1944, in the Marshall Islands
Buried in a family cemetery in the Rockhouse section of Scott County, TN
The remains of Marlie Cross, who was a patient on the U.S.S. Solace and died in this vessel of Gas Bacillus Infection, Leg, Right (organism unknown), were transferred to the U.S. Army Mortuary, 1071 Beretania Street, Honolulu, T.H. on 3 March 1945.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 2 March 1919
- Date of death: 26 February 1944
- County: Scott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Will Cross Cemetery, Rock House, Scott County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marlie Cross
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.