Mark Hambright was born in Skates, Tennessee, to H.D. and Mary W. Hambright. He entered the service July 28, 1916 at Columbus Ohio and received training at Ft. Tatton in New York and Camp Jackson in Columbia, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe in August, 1917 and participated in the battles at St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Champagne-Marne and Boncourt-Lorraine. He died at the Base Hospital at Camp Jackson, S.C. of Pneumonia.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 June 1895
- Date of death: 18 March 1920
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Skates
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Support Company, 44th Artillery CAC AEF
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Champagne-Marne, Boncourt-Lorraine
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Morgan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Mark Hambright
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.