Private First Class Marion Frank Walden, Jr. was born on September 24, 1949, and was a resident of Loudon County, Tennessee. He was the son of Frank and Iris Walden. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in A Company, 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division. His tour in Vietnam began on October 24, 1968. On December 13, 1968, PFC Walden was killed under hostile conditions in Bien Hoa province, South Vietnam; he was 19 years old at the time of his death. PFC Walden is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 36W, Line 19.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 September 1949
- Date of death: 13 December 1968
- County: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lakeview Cemetery, Lenoir City, Loudon County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marion F. Walden Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.