Marion E. Murphy was wounded in action September 18 in Germany. He had been overseas since May of 1944 and in the service 18 months. He was formerly employed by the Atlanta Paper Company in Georgia. He is buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, H, 15, 51
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 19 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marion E. Murphy Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.