Aviation Machinist Mate 2c Marion Daniel Colvard, US Navy Reserve, died 20 August 1944, and he is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing, East Coast Memorial, New York.
He was born in 1921 in Virginia to Clarence Hobbard Colvard and Katherine Burrow Showalter.
Marion D. Colvard was aboard a P-52 which crashed approximately 25 North of Bermuda while on anti-submarine practice bombing hop. Cause of the crash is unknow. Plane and all hands aboard are missing.
Lt. (jg) Stanley C. Smith, A-V(N), USNR, 156585
Ensign Joe Billy Langhorn, A-V(N), 315668
Colvard, Marion Daniel, 6402236, AMM2c, V-6, U.S.N.R.
Whitney, Fleming (n), 5603741. AMM3c, V-6, U.S.N.R.
Haire, Will Mitchell, 6591608, S1c, V-6, U.S.N.R.
Taylor, Robert Chester, 6473950, ARM2c (CA), V-6, U.S.N.R.
Cook, Joseph Ellsworth, 6626526, AOM2c (AB), V-6, U.S.N.R.
Noel, James Lloyd, 3169316, AOM2c, U.S.N.
- Rank: Aviation Machinist Mate Second Class
- Date of death: 20 August 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: Patrol Bombing Squadron 207
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: East Coast Memorial, New York, NY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Marion D. Colvard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.