Private First Class Manuel Artlan Hicks was born on March 25, 1947, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietman War with the United States Army, in D Company, 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division. He began his tour on December 5, 1966. On March 31, 1967, PFC Hicks was killed under non-hostile conditions in South Vietnam; he was 20 at the time of his death. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 17E, Line 79.
Photo courtesy: Tom Reese
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 March 1947
- Date of death: 31 March 1967
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Manuel A. Hicks Jr.