Mack Neil Droke
The Kingsport Times-News, 11 March 1945
PFC Mack N. Droke, who served four years with the Army, was killed in action January 26 on Luzon. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Droke of Fordtown, Route 1.
Private Droke left the states in July, 1944. He was stationed on New Guinea and from there he was transferred to Luzon Island.
Mr. and Mrs. Droke have two other sons in the service, serving overseas, Pvt. Charlie Droke in France and Sgt. Verlin Droke in India.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 November 1917
- Date of death: 26 January 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 63rd Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mt. Libonan Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Mack N. Droke
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.