Martin Luther Patton was born 29 November 1921 to Martin Homer Patton and Lillian A. Wyatt.
He died 16 March 1945
Buried at Linary Cemetery, Crossville, TN
142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division, Company F
S/Sgt Patton was killed in action near Wissembourg, France.
Crossville Chronicle, April 19, 1945
S-Sgt Martin L. Patton, Son of Mr. and Mrs. Homer Patton and husband of Miss Alma Lee Gunter, was killed in action on March 16th in France. He was inducted into the Army on the 25th of November, 1942 and was sent overseas April 24, 1944. He was a loving son and brother and was loved by all who knew him. To his friends he was known as Luke or Luther.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 29 November 1921
- Date of death: 16 March 1945
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Homesteads
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Linary Cemetery, Cumberland Homesteads, Cumberland County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor M. Luther Patton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.