Lyman Crawford Butler was born in Knox County, Tennessee and resided at Byington at the time he volunteered his services to the U.S. Army December 10, 1917, as a member of the Quartermaster Corps. Was stationed at Camp Joseph E. Johnston, FL. Died January 2, 1918 as a result of pneumonia. Rank, private.
- Rank: Wagoner
- Date of birth: 12 January 1895
- Date of death: 2 January 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Byington
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Company
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Contact us to sponsor Lyman C. Butler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.