Fred Thomas Lyle died in the sinking of the Otranto, a luxury liner pressed into service as a troopship. It was torpedoed by a German submarine. He was originally buried in Scotland.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 July 1891
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Sale Creek
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: September Automatic Replacement Draft, Coastal Artillery Corps, Fort Screven, Georgia
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred T. Lyle
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.