Lyle Roach was initially buried at Limey Cemetery at Toul, France and reburied at Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold, France, J, 33, 30
The Knoxville Journal, December 30, 1944
Memorial service will be conducted at Northside Baptist Church, Jefferson City, for Pfc. Bunas Lyle Roach, a member of Gen. George S. Patton’s Third Army Corps, who was killed in action in France. Pfc, Roach, 27, attended Rutledge High School and was employed in the U.S. postal service at Jefferson City before he entered the Army nearly four years ago. He had been overseas for a year.
Survivors are his father, Horace Roach, of Jefferson City; one sister, Miss Maggie Roach of Rutledge; a stepmother; tow half-brothers and two half-sister.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 9 March 1917
- Date of death: 10 November 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Rutledge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 654th Tank Destroyer Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lyle B. Roach
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.