Luther S. McGaha was the son of Henderson McGaha & Hester Alberta Gilliland. He was born January 1, 1915, in Cocke County, TN. Luther S. McGaha enlisted in the U.S. Army on July 30, 1940, at Fort Benning, GA. He died January 9, 1945, in Belgium when the tank he was in was bombed during World War II. After the war, he was returned to the United States and was laid to rest on December 3, 1947, in the National Cemetery in Knoxville, TN, Plot B, 6247.
Sgt McGaha was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Henri-Chapelle, Belgium.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 1 January 1915
- Date of death: 9 January 1945
- County: Cocke
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Field Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Luther S. McGaha
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.