Luther Boyd Dannel
Private Dannel was a member of the 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
Buried – Oak Grove Cemetery, Roane, TN
The Knoxville Journal, 31 July 1953
The body of Pvt. Luther Dannel, who was killed in action in Korea June 15, 1953, will be returned home next Wednesday. Private Dannel was employed by a Rockwood mill before he entered service about a year ago. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Edna Dannel, and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Judge Dannel.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 January 1930
- Date of death: 15 June 1953
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Rockwood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Luther B. Dannel
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.