Loyd Woodrow Miller
Born 18 November 1916
Died non Battle 30 July 1942
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 332
Sgt Miller died at the Canal Zone, Corozal. He is buried together with Private Albert W. Anderson, Sergeant William R. Coulter Jr., Staff Sergeant Thomas J. Drummond Jr., Second Lieutenant Robert L. Forrester Jr., Second Lieutenant Anselm B. Harrison, Sergeant Charles J. Korpi, Master Sergeant Paul Knoppke, Second Lieutenant Richard E.A. Regula, First Lieutenant William R. Ussery, Jr. and Staff Sergeant Harold W. Woodcock.
This crew was killed in an airplane (LB-30 AL62) crash on Pinzon Island, Galapagos. Ecuador, on July 30. The wreckage of the plane was entirely consumed by fire.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 18 November 1916
- Date of death: 30 July 1942
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Loyd W. Miller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.