Lowell Eugene Brockman was the son of Armon Lucellius Brockman and Octa L. Singleton. Husband of Wanda Arlene “Arlene” Hicks and father of Billie Jean Brockman.
Private First Class Lowell E. Brockman was assigned to the 331st Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division. The 331st was engaged in the Normandy Campaign at the time of his death. He was captured by the Germans in France on 9 July 1944 and died of his wounds as a Prisoner of War on 14 July 1944 at Rennes Military Hospital Rennes France 48-01. He is interred at G,12,7, Brittany American Cemetery, St James, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 April 1922
- Date of death: 14 July 1944
- County: Claiborne
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 331st Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lowell E. Brockman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.