Born in 1920. He enlisted on 19 April 1944 at Camp Shelby in Mississippi. He was killed in action in Luxembourg during the Battle of the Bulge, December 1944.
He was the son of Loren McLouigah Hurst and Laura Mae Johnson. Husband of Ina Edith Pritchett and father of Jimmy Dayton, Hooper McKenely and Roy Mitchell Hurst.
- Rank: Private First Class
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Burial/Memorial Location: Taylor Place Cemetery, Jamestown, Fentress County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lonzie W. Hurst
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.