Lonus (Louis?) Reed was born 9 Jan 1889 in New River, Tennessee. He enlisted at Fort Snelling in Minnesota. He was honoroably discharged as Sergeant First Class on 8 July 1918 to accept commission as Second Lieutenant on 9 July 1918 in France. He died of wounds received in action at Meuse-Argonne on 8 Dec 1918 in France at the age of 25. He was initially buried at the AEF France Cemetery #88, Grave 215. He is buried at the Black Creek Crossroads Cemetery, Black Creek, Scott County, Tennessee.
360th Infantry, Company C
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 10 January 1889
- Date of death: 8 December 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: New River
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 360th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Black Creek Cross Roads Cemetery, Robbins, Scott County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lonus Reed
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.