Private First Class Lonnie Lynch enlisted in the US Army on March 20, 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He had attended grammar school and was not married at the time he entered the Army. He was assigned to the 937th Field Artillery Battalion and was killed in action on December 24, 1944 in France. He is buried at the Rhône American Cemetery and Memorial, Côte d’Azur, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 24 December 1944
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 937th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rhone American Cemetery, Draguignan (Var), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lonnie Lynch
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.