Born 17 July 1925
Died 11 March 1945
Private First Class
47th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division, Company K, Medical Detachment
PFC Proffitt was killed in action in Germany. He was the son of Bruce Proffitt and Golden Morris.
Buried at Proffitt Cemetery, Sevierville, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 July 1925
- Date of death: 11 March 1945
- County: Sevier
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 47th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Proffitt Cemetery, Sevierville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lones E. Proffitt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.