Lillard Earle Ailor was killed in Verdun, France. He was the first Knoxvillian killed in World War I. He was the son of John Harrison Ailor and Lucy Sharp. Ailor Avenue, between Fort Sanders and Mechanicsville, is named for him.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 17 July 1892
- Date of death: 8 April 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery D, 15th Field Artillery Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Verdun
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lillard E. Ailor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.