Lewis Hascue Brooks was born in 1895 in Choptack, Tennessee. He was a machinist before entering the service on 1 July 1918 at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He sailed to Europe on 28 September 1918 and died of pneumonia on 9 October 1918 while crossing and was buried at sea. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 July 1894
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 428th Motorized Supply Train
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lewis H. Brooks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.