Lewis Frelan Goddard served with the Office of Strategic Services. He was accidentally killed during a night parachute jump August 7, 1944, on a mission to help French resistance fighters against Germans.
See attached article for a full account of his life.
Buried at Rhone American Cemetery in Draguignan (Var), France.
- Rank: First Sergeant
- Date of birth: 9 May 1925
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Office of Strategic Service, Headquarters Detachment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rhone American Cemetery, Draguignan (Var), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lewis F. Goddard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.