Technician 5th Class Lester G. Clark was born on November 3, 1921. He served in the Signal Corps. He was killed in action on October 15, 1943. He was buried in New Layston Cemetery in Maynardville, Tennessee.
39th Signal Construction Battalion, Company A
The Knoxville Journal, December 30, 1943
Technical Sgt. Lester G. Clark, son of Mr. and Mrs. Dail Clark, of Route 2, Maryville, was killed in Italy on Oct. 15. Surviving are his parents, three sister and five brothers. One brother, Chester is in the service. He was a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Anderson County. Clark attended Anderson County Schools.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of birth: 3 November 1921
- Date of death: 15 October 1943
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Signal Construction Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Layston Cemetery, Maynardville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester G. Clark
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.