Private Lester F. Blalock was born on March 13, 1910 in Polk County. He was the son of Aus and Leavie Blalock. He had three sisters, Bessie Blalock, Maude Blalock, and Hattie Blalock. He had three brothers, Hoite Blalock, Clifton Blalock, and Clarance Blalock. By 1920, he was living with his family in Knox County. He married Mary Mae Blalock and the couple had one son, Harold Vinxon Blalock, on October 14, 1929 in Sugar Valley, Georgia. In 1930, Private Blalock was living with his wife and child in Sugar Valley, but he moved back to Knox County before joining the military.
He enlisted in the military on October 2, 1942 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He died on May 18, 1944. His death is listed as died non-battle.
Returned from Kalaikunda, India. He was buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on June 2, 1948 (Section B, Plot 6674).
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 March 1910
- Date of death: 18 May 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Corps
- Theater: Burma China India
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester F. Blalock
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.