Missing since 18 December 1944 in the Pacific Ocean
Lester Cantrell Mullins served on the USS Hull. On December 18, 1944, typhoon COBRA caught the USS Hull, USS Monaghan and USS Spence. The three destroyers capsized and sank with 790 dead or missing, 26 other vessels seriously damaged and 146 aircraft destroyed.
Memorialized at Manila American Cemetery, the Philippines.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Lester Mullins, Rt 1, Harrison, TN
- Rank: Radioman Second Class
- Date of death: 18 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Harrison
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Hull (DD 350)
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester C. Mullins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.