Private Lester Carson Booher (registered as Luster C. Booher) was born in Virginia to Wallace B. and Mary Lee Booher. He married Irene Pearl Moreland in Virginia in 1940. He entered the service on 22 May 1944 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
He was assigned to the 34th Infantry Regiment, 24th Division. At the time of his death the unit was involved in the campaign on Mindanao, Philippines against the Japanese.
He was killed in action on 17 April 1944 and is interred at L,11,97, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 July 1922
- Date of death: 17 April 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 34th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lester C. Booher
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.