Charles Leonard Wright was born in 1919. He married Dora Dalton on 2 February 1940.
He was killed in Italy, initially buried at Castelfiorentino Cemetery at Castelfiorentino, Italy and reburied at the Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy.
The Knoxville Journal, November 4, 1944
Pfc. Charles L. Wright, husband of Mrs. Dora Wright of Corryton, was killed in action in Italy, Oct. 3, according to information she has received. Private and Mrs. Wright have two sons, Charles and Garry Lee, both at home. He was the son of John R. Wright, also of Corryton. Two brothers, Pvt. Callaway Wright and Pvt. Deadrick Wright, are in the service. Callaway is overseas and Deadrick is Stationed in Louisiana. Charles had been in the service 23 months and overseas 12 months.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 3 October 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Corryton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 363rd Infantry Regiment, 91st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles L. Wright
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.