Leonard J. Dishman was the oldest of four children of Bert Mansfield “Bertie” Dishman and Catherine Nancy “Kathleen” Brown. His mother died in 1937 and his father remarried in 1938. They had 4 children, two daughters and two son.
Private First Class Dishman was a member of the 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
Buried at Allardt Cemetery, Allardt, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 6 December 1932
- Date of death: 22 September 1950
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Pall Mall
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Allardt Cemetery, Allardt, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leonard J. Dishman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.