Pvt. Leonard L. L. Bell was born on November 26, 1890, across the Tennessee border in Ringgold, Georgia. He was the son of William G. and Frances Bridges Bell, and grew up in Apison, Tennessee, with his siblings Ethel, Emma, and Raymond. After registering with the draft on June 6, 1917 for service in World War I, he served in Company 1, 2nd Infantry, Repl. Regiment. He died of suiside on July 13, 1918, and is buried at the Marietta National Cemetery in Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 26 November 1890
- Date of death: 13 July 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Apeson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 2nd Infantry Division, Replacement Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Marietta National Cemetery, Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Leonard Bell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.