Lena Floyd Groner was born July 2, 1896 at Heiskell, Tennessee. Prior to his service he was employed at Powell Station for the Southern Railway. Groner entered the military service on September 4, 1918, at Knoxville. He was ordered to Camp Wadsworth, Spartanburg, SC, for training and was assigned to Company I, 57th Pioneer Infantry, for duty. Shortly after enlistment he was ordered overseas, sailing September 28. Landed at Brest, France, where he was taken ill of pneumonia and died October 8, 1918.
He died at the age of 22. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 July 1896
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Powell Station
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lena F. Groner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.