Lee Roy Hyche
1st Marines, 1st Marine Division, Company I
Sergeant Hyche was a member of Company I, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in Korea.
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 06 May 1951
Sgt. Hyche was the husband of Mrs. Mary Ruth Hyche and father of Wanda Faye Hyche of the Houston Street address, and son of Mr. and Mrs. E.E. Hyche, 429 Bell Avenue. He was reported killed in action April 24. He was with the First Marine Division. During the last war Sgt. Hyche was with the Fifth Marine Division in the Pacific fighting. He was wounded on Iwo Jima. He was the brother of Mrs. Leon Pittman and Erskin Hyche, now in the army air force, and Curtis Hyche, Hapeville, Ga.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 August 1924
- Date of death: 24 April 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: World War II / Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lee R. Hyche
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.