Lee Leon Hickey was born in Ball Camp, Tennessee, son of Lizzie Hickey. He enlisted at Knoxville March 28, 1917, and was assigned to Company L, 28th Infantry Division. Sailed for France June 28, 1917, being among the first American soldiers to reach there. After training in quiet sectors, he went with his company into the Mondidier salient in May 1918, losing his life there in action against the enemy May 28, 1918. He is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 May 1899
- Date of death: 28 May 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Ball Camp
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 28th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lee L. Hickey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.