Lawson J. Hamby was born in Shell Creek, Tennessee, son of Lawson Hamby Sr. He was married to Mary Baskett Hamby and father of Emma Pauline Hamby. He died at the age of 18 at the Base Hospital at Camp Sevier, S.C. of Pneumonia. He served with Company E, 117th Infantry.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 February 1898
- Date of death: 18 November 1917
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Shell Creek
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Blackwell Cemetery, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lawson J. Hamby
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.