Lawrence Franklin Haire
Born 4 April 1916, Knoxville, Tennessee
Died non Battle 29 November 1941, Panama
The Knoxville Journal, December 23, 1941
The body of Lawrence F. Haire, 25, formerly of Knoxville, who died Nov. 29 at U.S. Station Hospital, Rio Hato, Panama Canal Zone will arrive in Knoxville today with the Southern Railway.Funeral services will be held at Rose’s Chapel. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery.
Haire was teh son of Vernon F. Haire of this city. He was born and reared here. He had served in the U.S. Coast Artillery for eight years and had been in the panama Canal Zone eight years. Surviving are the father, two sisters and a brother.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 April 1916
- Date of death: 29 November 1941
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Company
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lawrence F. Haire
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.