In a document found in the archives room of the Elizabethton/Carter County Library, it shows that he received an honorable discharge on April 15, 1919. Lawrence F. Allen died at the Veterans Administration Facility at Christian, Outwood, Kentucky.
Another Carter County Veteran, Paul Alfred Williams, is shown receiving his honorable discharge on the same day.
- Rank: Mechanic
- Date of birth: 9 October 1896
- Date of death: 2 November 1940
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sinking Spring Cemetery, Abingdon, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lawrence F. Allen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.