Lawrence Bates Smith was born on 3 March, 1925
He died of Wounds August 16, 1944
Campground Cemetery, Clarkrange, Fentress County, Tennessee, US
Crossville Chronicle, March 17, 1949
Last rites for Lawrence Bates Smith were held March 13th in the Camp Ground Cemetery. The complete military ceremony was used along with a sermon from Rev. Dome Todd. Lawrence B. Smith, was born on March 3, 1925 and was killed in France August 17, 1944. He had been a member of the Homestead Baptist Church since he was 15 years of age. He attended the Homestead Elementary and High Schools. His smile will be missed by his family and many friends.
He is survived by his father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. Harlan Smith; one sister, Mrs. Ray C. Allred; three brothers, Hollis, Kenneth and Ray; his maternal grandfather, Hillery Miller and his paternal grandmother, Bell Smith. Also a host of friends who mourn his loss.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 March 1925
- Date of death: 16 August 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Cumberland Homesteads
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 180th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Campground Cemetery, Clarkrange, Fentress County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lawrence B. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.