Larry Lee Sexton was born 3 August 1947
Died 28 August 1967
Specialist Fourth Class
Company A, 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division
The Kingsport Times 31 August 1967
Morristown Soldier killed.
The Pentagon announced Wednesday Sp-4 Larry L. Sexton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Cecil L. Sexton, 409 E. Main St. had been killed in action in Vietnam. The announcement said only that he received fragment wounds while on a combat mission.
Larry L. Sexton died in Vietnam on 28 August 1967 as the result of metal fragment wounds received while on combat operation when engaged hostile force in firefight. Specialist Sexton received his basic training at Fort Campbell, Ky., and had only recently been promoted to his Specialist rank. He was serving with Company A, of the First Cavalry Division (Airmobile). While on duty in Vietnam he was arwarded the Air Medal on June 15th for meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight in the Republic of Vietnam, during the period from February through April.
He was the son of Cecil Sexton and had several brothers and sisters: Helen, Nadrine, Wilburn, Debbi and Mary.
- Rank: Specialist 4th Class
- Date of birth: 3 August 1947
- Date of death: 28 August 1967
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart, Air Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Munsey Cemetery State Route 612, Jonesville, Lee County, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Larry L. Sexton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.