Private Lake C. Boyd was born on February 12, 1899, in Wrightsville, Tennessee, to parents James Andrew Boyd and Vida V. Boyd. His siblings included younger brothers, Roy and George. Pvt. Boyd served his country at the young age of 19 in World War I as a member of the United States Army, in Co. F, 26th US Infantry. While fighting in France, he was killed by shell fire at Saint-Mihiel Salient on September 12, 1918. Pvt. Boyd is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
26th Infantry, 1st Division, Company C & F
Pvt Boyd was initially buried at St. Mihiel American Cemetery, Thiaucourt, Meurthe-et-Moselle, France, grave 147, Plot 3, Section 15.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 February 1899
- Date of death: 12 September 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 26th Infantry, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Soissons, St. Mihiel
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Lake C. Boyd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.