L.T. “Buddy” Stout was born in Carter County, TN. Son of Lawrence Cannie and Essie Stout.
Buddy died from non-hostile wounds/injuries. He was killed in a car accident in Florida while off duty. He is buried in the Richardson Cemetery located on Richardson Cemetery Road, Stoney Creek, TN.
Buddy Stout was my grandfather; he died on Pearl Street in 1942. He was recently in a relationship with my grandmother, Gloria Fussell, who broke up with him shortly before he died. My father never got told much of this great man by his mother. My dad only knew his name and where and when he died and how he died. When I was 28 years old I researched him and found out where he came from and even got to do my family tree. He was a good man and he took care of his family as well as he honored our country. -Submitted by his grandson, William Daughtrey
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 3 March 1923
- Date of death: 21 July 1942
- County: Carter
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Richardson Cemetery, Stoney Creek, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor L. T. Stout
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.