1Lt Kenneth W. Foster, US Army Air Forces, was assigned to the 490th Bomber Squadron, 341st Bomber Group Medium. The Group, Known as the Burma Bridge Busters, was involved in the China-Burma-India Campaign during 1944, flying B-25’s out of Kurmitola, India.
1Lt Foster was from Bristol, Tennessee. He was a Navigator. He is listed as Missing in Action on the 26th of February 1944, and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
Awards include the Air Medal and the Purple Heart.
Crew members of Aircraft B-25H with serial number 43-4363
Pilot, 1st Lt Kenneth A. Hardy
Navigator, 1st Lt Kenneth W. Foster
Engineer-Gunner, S/Sgt Floyd M. Campbell
Radio Operator-Gunner, S/Sgt Albert Chibnik
Armorer-Gunner, Sgt William J. Mahen
Photo-Gunner, S/Sgt William H. Rinne
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of death: 26 February 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 490th Bomber Squadron, 341st Bomber Group, Medium
- Theater: Burma-India
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Kenneth W. Foster
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.