116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division, K Company
Kenneth William Bledsoe was a PFC in the US Army
He was born 28 May 1924 the son of Walter and Mary Ogle Bledsoe.
He enlisted 17 Feb 1943 at Ft. Oglethorpe, GA
Basic Training was at Camp Wheeler, GA. He was later sent to England where he remained until the Invasion of France.
He died 8 June 1944, 20 years old, during the Invasion. He was first listed as MIA, then later reported death.
Kenneth Bledsoe was Killed In Action.
Buried Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, TN.
OBITUARY, Rockwood Times, 27 Jul 1944, Vol 64 No34
Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bledsoe of Post Oak received notification of the death of their son. Kenneth W. Bledsoe, occurring during the invasion of France.
Last week word was received of his missing in action, but later the report of his death was made.
Kenneth volunteered for service on Feb. 24, 1943, and received his basic training at Camp Wheeler, GA. He was later sent to England where he remained for several months prior to the invasion. PFC Bledsoe was 20 years of age.
Burial: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, Roane County, Tennessee, USA
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 May 1924
- Date of death: 8 June 1944
- County: Roane
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Kenneth W. Bledsoe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.