Corporal Kenneth Harold Owens USMCR was shipped with Company L, 22nd Marines, 6th Marine Division. At the time of his death, the 6th Division was involved in the last great battle in the Pacific on the island of Okinawa, just south of Japan.
He had a sister Mrs. Glenn H. Thomas of Rt. 2 Maryville Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 20 June 1925
- Date of death: 12 June 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Marines, 6th Marine Division, Company L
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Okinawa
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Kenneth H. Owens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.