Private Kenneth Alan Dalton was assigned to the 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division. The Division in November-December 1943 was locked in a grueling campaign, in severe winter weather along the Rapido River, Italy.
Private Dalton was Killed in Action on the 20th of December 1943. He was initially buried at Marzanello Nuovo Cemetery at Marzanello Nuovo, Italy and reburied at the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno Italy, plot G,row 5, site 19.
Husband of Ruth Estelle Reese. Son of Allen Trent Dalton and Ella Moody.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 June 1913
- Date of death: 20 December 1943
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Kenneth A. Dalton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.