Elmer Harold (also spelled as Herrold) Kell was born in Signal Mountain to Thomas Melvin and Mary Kell. He entered the service July 1, 1918 at Chattanooga and received his training at Newport News in New Orleans. He sailed to Europe on September 2, 1918 arriving on September 19. He arrived in France December 7 and sailed from France December 18 and reached the US January 9, 1919. He became ill on January 12 and was hospitalized at the Base Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia where he died of influenza.
- Rank: 4th Class
- Date of birth: 11 March 1892
- Date of death: 1 April 1919
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Signal Mountain
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: Cook (Supply Corps)
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Contact us to sponsor Elmer H. Kell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.