Kenneth Howard Hicks drowned at Louisville, Blount County.
The Knoxville Journal, May 28, 1944
Maryville, May 27 – The bodies of Seaman Howard Hicks and Miss Dorothy Nichols have been recovered from Fort Loudoun Lake, where they were drowned this afternoon near Singleton Station, while riding in an outboard motor boat.
Seaman Hicks, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Cecil Hicks of Maryville, had been home on leave from his base in California since early this week.
Miss Nichols was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Nichols of Mineral Bluff, Ga., but was making her home with Mrs. Alice Davis here while employed at the North Plant, Alcoa.
- Rank: Petty Officer First Class
- Date of birth: 9 December 1922
- Date of death: 27 May 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Alcoa
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Magnolia Cemetery, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor K. Howard Hicks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.