Justin Caleb Walsh
Son of Roderick Butler and Vada Ethel Shoun Walsh
Taken POW 6 May 1942
Latest report date – 10 Aug 1945
Camp Nagoya, Main Camp Nagoya Japan, 35-137
The Johnson County News, August 3, 1944
R.B. Walsh Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. R.B. Walsh was inducted in the Army July 12, and was sent to Fort Knox Kentucky for Basic training. This makes four of the Walsh brothers serving in the services of our country. Justin is a prisoner of the Japanese.
The Johnson County News, October 11, 1945
Justin C. Walsh, son of Mr. and Mrs. Rod Walsh, Rte. 3, who has been a prisoner of war since the fall of Corregidor, died August 9, in Tokyo, his parents were recently notified. He was with Gen. Wainwright’s army in the Philippines and was a survivor of the “Death March” of Bataan. The last word the parents had from him was in April of this year, dated some time in 1944.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 3 September 1918
- Date of death: 10 August 1945
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Mountain City
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 4th Marine Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shoun-McEwen Cemetery, Butler, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Justin C. Walsh
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.